Class Notes Day 19, Sat 2/24 - Water Bodywork and Soundbath, Assessments

"Throw hesitation and insecurity out the window."


General thoughts:

Buy some float straps to use in warm pool at Bridge with clients.

Classmates seem to be running out of steam, tired of giving/receiving massages, no time off, just overwhelmed. We still have a full week ahead of us next week. I don't remember being this exhausted or frustrated when I took the same class at Esalen. I think the incessant heat, humidity, and bugs is much more wearing on everyone. I also had the time and energy to eat every meal with the rest of my classmates in that class. This class is so taxing that most meals (of which there are only two per day) I eat alone in my air conditioned room while I do homework. I feel like the teaching isn't as clear as it used to be. It's still been worth my time and money, but not what I was expecting. 

There's another important temple ceremony today that I'm not going to. Females are required to wear some sort of long skirt/sarong as well as a blouse that covers at least the entire shoulder, preferably the entire arm. I cannot move or sit comfortably in a skirt, so I am not going. I'm also exhausted and learning to say "no" to take care of myself. More and more of my classmates are opting out of some activities, even some classes. So far, I have not skipped any classes, though I've been tempted. But I don't want to miss anything.

Water bodywork and soundbath:

Met at pool. Did more water bodywork, floating client in water using float straps (watsu style) just above knee, keeping their eyes just out of the water, ears underwater. Relaxed, flexed, extended, opened joints, etc.

Soundbath was amazing! Didgeridoo and singing bowls and chimes while we laid back with our ears underwater. 

Touch-ins
Some people did their "final exam" assessments today during touch-in time. I was supposed to be Ellen's first touch-in, but she changed the schedule then got off the table before 3 of us did our touch-ins. 

We have the opportunity to watch each other work during touch-ins and/or to use the time as lab time. I spent a good bit of time working with more complex draping to be used during torso twisting work. 

Final Exams
Some actually happened today at Touch-in time. Others will take place Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. 

After our initial 30 sessions post-class and before we are certified, we will likely be required to do another "final exam" assessment on a qualified receiver. 

Wexford Massage and Bodywork in PA - Joe DePhillips??? (I found him in the online Esalen practitioner directory and sent him an email.)

Sunday 4:pm there will be a "shop" set up in wantilan with all kinds of sarongs and local goods. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 26, 2023, I hit "send" on my class enrollment and my flight reservations

Dragon Fruit and Banana

Another Adventure Awaits