Two Weeks From Now...

 ... I'll be on a wide-body airplane heading from Philly to Qatar with hundreds of other people. At this point, it's a surrealistic dream. 

I have an eight-hour layover scheduled at Hamad International Airport in Doha, considered to be the world's most beautiful airport. It's massive. I hope/plan to take advantage of the spa facilities there so I can work out, stretch, swim, shower, and possibly have a massage, too. It may sound indulgent - and, in fact, it is - but my main concern is the effects of two flights back-to-back, both of which are about twelve hours.  

In the meantime, I continue to learn to speak Bahasa Indonesia. I have multiple sources to learn from thanks to the digital age. It's a surprisingly easy language to learn, enjoyable, too. I'd love to keep up with it after I return but confess that I don't know if there are any Indonesian people in this area.

Flooding the language part of my brain has brought some Spanish back up to the surface. I suspect that growing up bilingual (living in Mexico from 3-8 years old) has given me an advantage even all these years later. 

There are a lot of things still to take care of, including tending to my present life. My truck had a strange electrical fit a few days ago and is parked at my office. I have clients to see, bills to pay ahead, and all the rest that comes with daily life. Just because I'm about to go spend over a month in a tropical paradise doesn't mean this stuff doesn't still exist. Today I shoveled snow. 

Terima kasih, dan selamat malam. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 26, 2023, I hit "send" on my class enrollment and my flight reservations

Dragon Fruit and Banana

Another Adventure Awaits