Professional Massage #1

Practitioner's Name: I'm not sure, but I think "Heni" (a woman at the Spa)

Recipient's Name: Nancy

Date: Fri, 2/2 (noonish)

1. Did your practitioner take time before your massage to ask if you have any special needs, old or new injuiries, and what depth of touch you like? Did your massage reflect what was discussed?

She did ask what I wanted, what my goals were, but I don't recall her asking about depth of touch. I flew from home to Bali from 1/30 to 2/1, so was exhausted and had badly swollen legs/feet which was my main concern/request.

2. Did your massage have an overall sense of integrity, wholeness, and flow? Did your practitioner use long, flowing strokes as a means of creating this sense of wholeness in your massage? 

Definitely, yes, with one exception. The requirement to wear underwear surprised me, and it didn't allow for the full-body flow (on skin) that I anticipated. There was still wholeness to the massage. 

3. Did your practitioner occasionally ask you how the depth of the work was for you, and if you were warm enough?

We did not speak after the massage started. And the "warm enough" concept was not an issue. 

4. Was your practitioner conscious of adequately draping you during your massage?

Yes, I was well-draped throughout the massage, and never felt uncomfortable with it. She did a nice job handling the draping. 

5. Please take time to make any additional comments you have about this massage experience.

It was absolutely wonderful and humbling to me as a massage therapist. She was fantastic and the experience was remarkable from the moment I walked in until the end while I was sipping tea and relishing two cookies. 

I was somewhat frustrated that I didn't feel any additional focus on my legs or feet in spite of my making particular mention of that as my main reason for coming for that massage. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 26, 2023, I hit "send" on my class enrollment and my flight reservations

Dragon Fruit and Banana

Another Adventure Awaits