Saturday morning, wee hours


Jumping way ahead of some amazing travel experiences for the moment, suffice it to say that I arrived at my final destination yesterday. My body-clock is all out of whack, but I managed to get to sleep last night at about 7pm. Waking up fully at 4--something, I was enjoying the sounds of the jungle. I'm not sure I recognize any, though can guess at some - monkeys, toads, and birds. Shortly after I woke up, I started to hear male voices chanting/singing in the distance, so I went outside to listen. Bit by bit, there were more, and not in sync with one another. No female voices, no young voices - the sounds of Muslim men in their early morning prayers. It was hypnotic. And as a few finished, others were starting. Now they are quiet, the roosters are crowing, and the birds are louder. In about ten minutes, it will be sunrise. I will continue to upack, take care of myself, and catch many other sunrises while I am here. I just had to share this magical, quite literally "foreign" moment with you as it is happening. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dragon Fruit and Banana

Flight plan change and possible post-class project

Wasps, Geckos, and Bearded Dragons (and now monkeys)